Patients always ask what they can do to strengthen their immunity at this time of year. The following are some tips everyone can use:
1. Always take care of colds and infections first. Take Vitamins A and C and Zinc at the first sign of a cold. Take herbs such as Chinese formula Gan Mao Ling. Also get plenty of water. If the cold progresses consult a health practitioner.
2. Take care of High Blood Sugar. Stop eating sweets and sweet foods. Do a modified fast for several days avoiding simple carbs (white bread, pasta, juice, etc.) and fruits (except papaya and berries). Take herbs that balance blood sugar.
3. Cleanse and Detox. This is the fastest way to clear High Blood Sugar and infections. Consult your health care practitioner for the best cleansing program for your constitution and lifestyle.
4. Make sure there is adequate iron in the body. This builds healthy red blood cells and is key for immunity. Eat uncooked leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard, etc.). Can be taken in salad or green drinks. Red meat and organic liver are very high in iron. For more serious anemia herbs and acupuncture may be necessary. Si Wu Tang is a good basic formula to build healthy red blood cells.
5. Have ample chlorophyll in the diet. Eat plenty of green vegetables . Supplements are also available like concentrated greens powders. Find out food sensitivities and food allergies and avoid these foods.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.