Even though the body mass index has been used by the insurance industry and various government agencies since the 1980s, there are still many Americans that don’t know what it is. This means, of course, that they don’t know what their BMI number actually is. If you’ve never looked up your BMI on your own, consider doing so. This number shows potential future health problems and can serve as a real wake-up call to get in shape and start eating right.
If you’re interested, here are 5 free online BMI calculators:
1. The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute’s website, NHLBISupport.com, provides a BMI calculator in both standard and metric units.
2. BMICalculator.org is a terrific resource for BMI information. This site provides online visitors with the history and formula of the BMI, as well as a newsletter featuring tips for getting to your ideal number.
3. At HealthCheckSystems.com, you can peruse informative articles about health and wellness, as well as find your BMI on their free calculator.
4. For a straightforward, no-frills BMI calculator, visit CalculatorPro.com.
5. BMICalculator.net has both a BMI calculator and information about the different classifications and possible treatments. Knowing your BMI is important to your health and wellness – so be sure to keep an eye on it. It can also be a great tool for keeping track of your weight-loss progress and, in general, staying healthy throughout your entire life.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.