If you have a difficult time retaining your focus while studying or working on other important projects, you may be able to get more out your study time by turning to nootropics. These cognitive enhancers offer a wide variety of different potential benefits, including increased focus, learning ability and memory retention. In fact, nootropics, which are sometimes called smart drugs, have received so many positive online reviews that an estimated 25 percent of Oxford University students use them on a regular basis.
1. Piracetam – This is the original nootropic, and it still enjoys a high level of popularity after more than 50 years. A combination of user reviews and medical studies have showcased Piracetam’s ability to increase memory and focus, and it is also believed to be beneficial for problem solving and learning skills. As an added bonus, Piracetam is not nearly as strong as many of its successors, which makes it an ideal choice for people who are new to nootropics or those who take them infrequently during big cram sessions.
2. Huperzine-A – If memory retention is your primary goal, you should definitely consider adding Huperzine-A into your stack. A medical study from last year found that it can reverse cognitive deficits, and there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that suggests this supplement offers a noticeable boost in the user’s ability to retain and recall vital information.
3. Alpha GPC - L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine, which is more commonly referred to as Alpha GPC, is a naturally occurring essential nutrient that you brain needs for proper cognitive functionality. The typical human brain has just enough Alpha GPC to provide you with basic benefits, so it makes sense that a lot of people decide to boost their supply of this nutrient via supplementation. Whether you choose to take Alpha GPC alone or in a stack with other nootropics, you may experience an increase in your overall ability to concentrate and focus on the task at hand. Additionally, numerous reviews have linked Alpha GPC usage with a boost in memory retention. Therefore, Alpha GPC can be a wise choice for students who are interested in taking nootropics.
4. Oxiracetam – Oxiracetam has been studied extensively for its potential to positively impact the user’s memory retention and recall. The nootropic is also believed to offer enhanced focus, learning skills and sensory perception. Although this supplement is part of the same family as Piracetam, it is more potent than its predecessor. Due to this, Oxiracetam is the natural choice for people who have tried Piracetam but did not receive enough of the anticipated benefits. Alternatively, the two can be stacked together to enhance both of their properties. If you choose to go this route, you may wish to add a choline source such as Alpha GPC or Citicoline to receive the best results.
5. NALT - N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT) is a naturally occurring amino acid that provides the mind with essential neurotransmitters such as dopamine and epinephrine. NALT is responsible for helping people concentrate because the neurotransmitters in question can impact the individual’s overall mental energy, and they also play a role in mood regulation. In other words, if your energy levels are sagging, you are having a hard time focusing or if you find it difficult to remain upbeat and positive, you may be able to experience relatively quick improvements by adding NALT to your studying routine.
Many college and high school students use nootropics while studying to make it easier for them to achieve higher test scores. This can have a big impact on your ability to attend the college or grad school of your choice, which in turn may alter your future career plans. With this in mind, it makes perfect sense to give yourself a mental boost if issues such as a lack of focus or an inability to recall facts are currently hindering your educational performance. The results of each individual nootropic and stack can vary from person to person, but a bit of experimentation should help you find the right choice to meet your needs.