October is National Breast Cancer awareness month, so all month long there are opportunities to raise your own BC IQ and enlighten others.
1 out 8 women in the United States will have breast cancer in her lifetime.
40,000 women in the United States died from breast cancer last year.
There is no cure for breast cancer. There is no definitive cause for breast cancer. You know you are cured from breast cancer when you die of something else. The top two causes for breast cancer are being a woman and having too many birthdays. Research is encouraging, but slow. The question remains:
Here are a few things you can do to make a world with-out breast cancer, one day closer.
1. Schedule your mammogram
2. Encourage some one who has not got a mammogram to schedule it
October 16th is National Mammography Day
3. Donate to the Susan G Komen for the Cure, or any BC charity
4. October 2, 2009 is Lee National Denim Day. Wear jeans, and donate $5.00
5. Join the Army of Women. Dr. Susan Love and Avon look for the Cause.
6. Shop with companies that donate to breast cancer research. Such as;
www.haralee.com, www.newbalance.com, www.coldwatercreek.com
and many more. Be a conscientious consumer.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.