Raise no doubt, gladiator styled sandals are the trendy thing this summer. Although they look chic and sexy, a pair of espadrilles like this could stress out and even permanently damage your feet, ankles and even calves.
Given gladiator sandals are pretty tight, they pose pressure to the veins leading to slowing down the blood flow and making leg tissues swell up. On an occasional basis, it can lead to weird sensations and a certain level of discomfort after the day. On daily gladiator sandals wearing basis, the thing leads to very unsexy blisters and painfully looking red marks known as ‘gladiator feet’.
In addition, excessive espadrilles wearing causes spider veins to pop out. Since it’s not very attractive, it’s also quite harmful to your legs leading to serious aggravations in future, especially in case you have a history of spider veins in your family.
Way out for a stylish woman
In case you do want to dress to impress with gladiator sandals being your number one summer men eyes stopper, here are 10 essential hints to follow to keep your sexy feet legs so as long as possible.
1. Make sure the straps are never too tight. Use the ‘two-finger’ method to make sure there is enough space between the skin and the straps. Your feet must have enough room to breathe.
2. Don’t be in the standing position for too long. Gladiator sandals are a great stress for your legs. Combined with standing or walking all day long, the impact is even greater. Therefore, plan your tomorrow’s outfit depending on what you’ll be doing and where.
3. Not a day-to-day solution. Daily shoes have to be comfortable and soft. That’s why gladiator sandals are more of a date or family reunion item, not a daily office choice.
4. The size is right. Even half-size smaller gladiator sandals could make you cry at the end of the day. Is it the last pair with a 70% off discount? Still choose the pair that fits your legs, not your pocket.
5. Loosen buckles every two hours. Now, that’s essential. There’s no need to continue putting your legs under gladiator pressure, especially when there’s a chance to loosen buckles for a couple of minutes.
6. Avoid heeled ‘gladiators’. Or at least make your best to try. The pressure of standing on heeled espadrilles doubles the impact on your feet and legs, in general, twofold.
7. Elevate your feet when you can. Elevating your legs (under the office desk for example) is a great exercise to relieve some pressure in the feet and put off the fatigue for another hour or two.
8. Move your feet. Flex your fit, have a quick stroll to the office dinner and back, rotate the feet left and right for three minutes. Boost the blood flow in the veins a bit to make sure there will be no swelling in the evening.
9. Eat less salt. Stick to drinking more water and consuming more vegetables. Spicy food, in addition to salty one, only promotes the feet to swell even more since salt retains water from circulating in your body.
10. Don’t cross your legs. Yeah, you like to cross your fit legs, but in case of gladiator sandals wearing you should keep that habit of yours in check during the day. As everything else in this list, uncrossing legs helps reduce pressure in the veins for which you’ll be grateful when you come home.
About the author:
Liz Taylor is a beauty blogger and essay writer at http://jetessaywriter.com with more than a decade of experience behind her yoga induced back. Likes exotic birds, travelling and collecting rare books. Fancies healthy eating and dieting a lot.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.