Cerebral Palsy Prevention
Several of the causes of cerebral palsy that have been identified through research are preventable or treatable:
Before getting pregnant, receive a
- Seek out early prenatal care.
- Receive testing for blood-type problems. Get treatment if tests reveal incompatible blood types.
- Do not smoke, drink alcohol, or use drugs while pregnant.
- Put the baby in a child safety seat when in the car.
- Insist that the child wear a helmet when on a bicycle.
- Seek help if you have or want to hurt the child.
- Keep poisons away from your child.
- Closely supervise bathing.
Get your child
at the recommended time.
- If your baby becomes sick, call the doctor right away.