Preventing obesity can be difficult. There are many factors influence your weight. General recommendations include:
- Talk to your doctor or a dietician about an appropriate number of calories to eat per day.
with no more than 35% of daily calories from fat.
- Follow an appropriate exercise program.
- Limit the amount of time you spend doing sedentary activities. This includes watching TV or using the computer.
- Talk to your doctor or an exercise professional about working activity into your daily life.
- Ask a dietitian for help planning a diet that will help you maintain a healthy weight or lose weight if necessary.
- Learn to eat smaller portions of food. Most Americans eat portions that are too large.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2015 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.