As society is growing and changing, other practices start to change as well. It seems that today, plastic surgery is becoming a more well-known procedure. Stemming from that, cosmetic surgery specifically has become more well-known. There are surgical procedures, and nonsurgical procedures.
In this day and age, cosmetic surgery has increased. According to the Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics, Americans spent more than $13.5 million on combined surgical and nonsurgical procedures in 2015. The data also stated that “cosmetic procedures have increased by 39% over the past 5 years.”(1)
The Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics gave a list of the top five cosmetic surgery procedures in both men and women. Here is a list of the procedures and descriptions of what each of these surgeries are:
Top 5 Cosmetic Procedures for Women
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, liposuction “slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion.” This can be performed in different areas of your body that store fat such as thighs, upper arms, back and cheeks, to name a few. As for the cost, the national average is $3,176 according to 2015 statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).(1)
2) Breast Augmentation
This procedure uses breast implants to increase the size of your breasts or restore breast volume. Breast augmentation can increase fullness of your breasts and improve your figure. The ASAPS estimates the cost is around $3,497 for saline, and $3,964 for surgeon fees only. (1)(4)
3) Tummy Tuck
This is also known as “abdominoplasty.” This surgery flattens your stomach while removing excess fat and tightening your abdominal muscles. The ASAPS estimates the cost for this procedure to be $5,891.(1)(5)
4) Breast Lift
This surgery “restores a firmer, perkier, more aesthetically pleasing shape to saggy breasts,” according to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.Read more in HER Beauty
1) Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 23 September 2016. (1 p 23)
2) Facelift Surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 23 September 2016.
3) Liposuction. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 23 September 2016.
4) Breast Augmentation. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 23 September 2016.
5) Tummy Tuck Cost. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 23 September 2016.
6) Tummy Tuck. WebMD. 23 September 2016.
7) Breast lift Guide. American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. 23 September 2016.
8) Eyelid Surgery. WebMD. 23 September 2016.
9) Rhinoplasty. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 22 September 2016.
10) Male Rhinoplasty: The Reasons Why It's So Popular.Cohen/Winters. 22 September 2016.
11) Blepharoplasty for Men. Institute of Aesthetic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 23 September 2016.
12) Male Breast Reduction Guide. American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. 24 September 2016.