4. Either using a silicone 12-cup muffin pan or a 12-cup muffin pan lined with paper, spoon out equal portions of batter into the cups.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Serve warm.
• 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
• 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
• 1 cup carrots, sliced
• 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
• 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
• 6 cups vegetable broth
• 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle powder or smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 cups green lentils, rinsed
• 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
• zest and juice of 1 lime
1. In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic in 1 cup of the vegetable broth. Stir occasionally and cook until vegetables soften, approximately 5-7 minutes.
2. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, ground chipotle powder, and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional minute, stirring well.
3. Add lentils, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, and remaining vegetable broth into the soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are soft, approximately 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. When lentils are cooked, zest and juice lime into the chili and stir. Taste and add spice according to preference. Serve hot with Whole-Grain Corn Muffins.
The site also has recipes for Hearty Nachos, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Tapenade, and BBQ Tofu “Wings.”
Go to http://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes-for-super-bowl-xlvi/ for the above recipes.
Forks Over Knives | Recipes for Super Bowl XLVI. Forks Over Knives | The Official Movie Website. Retrieved January 31, 2012, from http://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes-for-super-bowl-xlvi
Pico De Gallo Recipe - Allrecipes.com. Allrecipes.com - recipes, menus, meal ideas, food, and cooking tips. Retrieved January 31, 2012, from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pico-de-gallo
Edited by Jody Smith