With all of the meats being served on the table, vegetarians can feel inferior during the holidays.
If you are planning your vegetarian holiday meal, there is no need to dwell on what meaty bird is not on the table. Instead focus on the delicious vegetarian alternatives from, appetizers, sides, salads main courses and desserts that can even outshine traditional meat items.
Registered dietitian and chef, Natalia Hancock shares your ultimate vegetarian guide for your holiday meals.
More helpful resources:
To Hosting a Happy Thanksgiving Vegetarian Style
- Your vegetarians will appreciate a variety of side dishes; potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes.
- Other veggies can be cooked like green beans, peas and carrots, or raw like celery, peppers, radishes.
- Raw vegetables can be laid out on a platter with dip, or tossed together in a salad.
For All the Vegetarians attending a Thanksgiving party.
- Talk to your host before the event and give them a head's up!
- Bring your own dishes!
- Try not to make a big deal about it.
- Always carry snacks that you can eat on the go!
Original Air Date: November 21, 2013
Hosts: Michelle King Robson and Dr. Pamela Peeke, MD