Long-term General Anxiety disorder
Hi, I am new here, but not new to anxiety. I have had crippling anxiety for 8 years. Everyone say's they understand anxiety, but they don't really know "anxiety". I'm sure you all know what I mean. I am not sure what started my anxiety, because there were several culprits.
1) I was going through peri-menopause at the time.
2) I was having difficulty at work and my boss just passed away suddenly.
3) Multiple childhood and adult traumatic events catching up with me.
4) I was a psychiatric RN for 25 years and that was becoming difficult, as well as ironic
5) I just woke up with anxiety one morning and it persisted daily.
6) I was charged with a DUI for driving under the influence of Klonopin, which led to me losing my RN license.
7) Now I am on multiple psychiatric medications with little relief and my doctor say's it is medication resistant.
8) I am basically housebound due to my anxiety, since I feel great panic when I go out.
I am now trying to get a routine going again and taking baby steps.
It is amazing that I spent most of my life helping others with mental illness, but I can't help myself.
I am here to listen to your stories and hoping we can help each other with support and encouragement.
I live in Northern California and would love to know other people who live in this neck of the woods. However, it does not matter where you live I would still love to hear from you.
I'm sorry if this is to lengthy, but I wanted to introduce myself
I am a 55 year old woman who is married with 1 daughter, 2 stepsons and 2 grandchildren.
My goal is to live a normal life again. ( whatever "normal" is)
Thank you all so much for listening and I hope we can get to know each other.