"YOGA for Breast Cancer Survivors"
While chemotherapy can save your life, the process is brutal and difficult to say the least. Patients report sleep loss, loss of hair, little appetite, and a general sense of dis-ease. But a new study--to be highlighted at the next meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology--finds that doing yoga in addition to chemotherapy improves sleep, reduces dependency on sedative medication, and helps patients make the transition back to a normal life.
Benefits of Yoga for Cancer Survivors
• Cancer patients participating in regular yoga classes reported decreased stress and pain, and increased well-being.
• Cancer patients participating in regular yoga classes reported improvements in their quality and quantity of sleep.
• Yoga can help break down scar tissue, restore strength and range of motion, and improve lymphatic flow.
• Yoga can enhance energy, digestion, joint health, circulation, respiration, and glandular function.
• Yoga is a great way to live more comfortably in your body when you have been diagnosed with cancer.