Welcome to a whole new year! A year that already promises to keep us on our toes for a long while. Perhaps you have heard about this whole economy thing and made the decision to scale back, spend less, and drop some habits that were biting into the checkbook. In any case, I am here to remind you to take care of you in the coming year and to not put yourself last on your list when working the budget.
Here are some simple things you can do everyday for your health – remember, you’re important!
1) Drink clean water everyday – stop the sodas, juices and other sugary drinks. Water is vital to our health and the health of our body. We use it to clear out toxins, re-hydrate our brain, and improve the health of our organs, including our sagging skin!
2) Drink organic green tea. This powerful anti-oxidant helps support our immune system, wards off those nasty free-radicals, and contains anti-cancer properties.
3) Get a little sun! The effects of Vitamin D are so plentiful that any search on the internet will yield pages and pages of great benefits important for women’s health. If you live in a non-sunny spot like me, or are concerned about skin cancer, then have your doctor test your Vitamin D levels and consider supplementing. Remember I said get a ‘little’ sun, not bask in tanning oil for hours!
4) Move it! Get off of your couch, get out from behind your computer (after you finish reading this article, of course), put the kid in a stroller and work your back side. Exercise and movement is so critical for our short and long-term health needs … plus you can walk around the block or a park, do an exercise video or even You-Tube different exercise programs and follow along from your own home without spending at a gym.
5) Eat one less naughty food/drink and one more fruit/vegetable every day. We all splurged over the holidays so hit that ‘do-over’ button and start fresh! Switch out one cookie for a carrot or one sugary-sweet coffee drink for an apple.
If you would like to comment on this story, please visit our SHARE section.