Gyms are offering great membership incentives and this is the best time to join a gym. Well, if you are looking for one, I have some tips to make sure you pick the right gym for you.
1. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: If the gym is not easily accessible to you then you are less than likely to go. Make sure it's close to home, on the way to work, etc.
2. Find A Deal: Almost all the gyms are giving out great incentive deals, such as waiving the initiation fees or giving out free personal training sessions. Find out who has the deal that fits your budget and tastes.
3. Take Advantage: Most gyms are offering free trial memberships, free sessions with personal trainers or free massages if your gym has a spa. The list is endless. Take advantage of these especially a free trial membership because you can go to all the classes. You can see how busy it is during the time you want to work out. Get the most out of this free time to make sure it's the gym for you.
4. Check The Class Schedule: Make sure the gym has the classes and equipment you want. If the only yoga class is at 6am and you're not a morning person, then you may want to reconsider especially if you are a yoga lover. I love certain types of equipment and hate working out at gyms that don't offer them, so be sure it has the cardio and strength equipment you want.
5. Cleanliness: I don't know about you, but there is something to be said about a clean locker room and showers. Plus, I hate getting on a treadmill that looks like it hasn't been wiped down in years. Make sure the gym is CLEAN! Gyms are filled with germs, so ask how often the equipment is cleaned.
6. Daycare: If you have kids, make sure the daycare facility is clean and safe. Ask how many kids to employees there are and make sure you feel comfortable with the area and employees.
This is the time to join a gym. Use the tips above and find the right one for you.