If you are serious about wanting to change your eating habits, but overwhelmed with all of the books, websites, magazines, etc. out there, I have an excellent recommendation for you. Now of course I will recommend our site!! But if you want another extremely reputable site loaded with useful info - go to www.eatright.org.
This is the home of the American Dietetics Association and it has information on just about everything you want to know. Here are just a few things the site offers:
* Tips for a healthy heart (February is American Heart Month)
* Food Nutrient Data and Exchange Lists
* Nutrition Fact Sheets
* Good Nutrition Reading List (helps narrow your book search down!)
* Nutrition Information - Brochures, tip sheets and other resources to help achieve a healthy lifestyle.
* The Food Guide Pyramid and how you apply it to your life (you can even personalize it)
* It has an excellent children's section filled with worksheets and games you can use to help teach your kids how to eat healthy.
* Pregnancy, nutritional needs, weight gain, breastfeeding, weight loss, dietary supplements
* If you are a teacher, it has excellent classroom materials including pamphlets, posters, games and coloring sheets from TeamNutrition.
I strongly encourage you to check out this site. There is no question about the credibility. If you have limited time and don't want to sift through a bunch of so-so sites, this is where to go. If I had the time, I could spend all day on it!