By having regular blood tests, you can learn a lot about your health. The more you know, the better you are able to take care of your body.
Your blood can tell you something is wrong even before you know there is something wrong. It is important to establish your personal baseline to measure against for the future.
I have blood work done every three months to make sure I am taking charge of my health. I have included a list of all the tests I have done at Sonora Quest Laboratories in Arizona that help me keep my hormones in check.
The list below does not include full medical descriptions and should not be used for diagnostic treatment. They are simply to help guide you to find out what tests are best for you.
Make sure to talk with your doctor regarding your laboratory tests so you can take charge of YOUR health.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: Gives you information about your kidneys, liver, electrolyte and acid/base balance, levels of blood glucose and blood proteins.
- Lipid Profile (Cholesterol, HDL, LDL and Triglycerides): Measures cholesterol in your body and determines your risk of heart disease.
- TSH (ultra sensitive): Evaluates thyroid function.
- T3: Helps diagnose hyperthyroidism.
- T4: Helps evaluate thyroid gland functions.
- FSH: Measures the amount of follicle-stimulating hormone in the blood, which can be used to determine infertility.
- Estradiol: The predominant sex hormone which impacts reproductive and sexual functioning, bone health, heart health nerves and metabolism.
- Testosterone (Free and Total): Helps test for conditions relating to infertility, low libido and signs of masculinization.
- CA 125: Identifies cancer cells and may be used to test for ovarian cancer.
- NTx: Used to determine bone resorption.