Detoxification or detoxing is a hot topic for people who are interested in losing weight, increasing energy, clearing up their skin or just feeling better overall. Who doesn’t want to look and feel great?
So what can you do to detox your body?
Well the truth is your body handles detoxification processes every single day. When you consume unhealthy foods, alcohol and caffeine, or you breathe in smog or air of poor quality, or slather your skin with synthetic products and makeup, you can overload your body with toxins.
This is why it's a good idea to occasionally give your body some extra help in the detoxification process.
The best way to support detoxification is to help the elimination process of your body. Your organs of elimination are the liver, the kidneys, the skin and lungs. Your organs of elimination have specific responsibilities to help get rid of these toxins.
Your lungs help you to breathe out gases like CO2 which, if found in too high a percentage in you body, could cause harm and shut it down.
1) Take deep breaths every day. Stop and take 100 deep breaths every day. It takes about 5 minutes!
Your skin releases toxins through your pores to keep you healthy and vital. Your skin also protects you from the pollutants from getting into your body easily.
2) Skin brushing allows you to scrape off the dead skin all over your body. You can take a loofah pad and scrap off your dead skin before you get into the shower or bath.
3) Sugar or salt scrubs that contain no synthetic products have a similar effect to skin brushing.
4) Use natural lotions and creams. Your skin absorbs everything you put on it. So if you are putting synthetic chemicals on your skin they are being absorbed into your body.
"Although there’s no standard definition for “natural” skin care, a good rule of thumb is to look for products with familiar names such as chamomile, lavender, rose, and aloe vera at the top of the ingredient list," Yoga Journal reports.
5) Taking saunas and steam baths. When you sweat you release toxin from the body through the skin.