|Total Fat||15 g |
|Saturated Fat|| 6 g|
|Sodium|| 517 mg |
|Total Carbohydrate|| 29 g|
|Dietary Fiber|| 7 g |
|Protein|| 33 g|
Tip: Save the leftovers for lunch.
| 90% reduced-fat ground beef||1 pound|
|Small white onion, chopped||1 |
|Green bell pepper, chopped||1 |
|Garlic cloves, minced||2 |
|Diced tomatoes with added puree||1 (28-ounce) can |
|Kidney beans, drained||1 (16-ounce) can |
|Cumin||3 tablespoons |
|Chili powder||2 tablespoons |
|Dried oregano||1½ teaspoons |
|Salt||¼ teaspoon |
|Light sour cream||¼ cup |
| Reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese||¼ cup|
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown, breaking with a wooden spoon or spatula until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add tomatoes and beans to the pot. Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or more, until the chili reaches desired thickness.
- Top each bowl of chili with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese.
3 lean meats; 1.5 very lean meat substitutes; 1.5 starches; 1 vegetable
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.