|Total Fat||20.5 g |
|Saturated Fat||9.5 g |
|Sodium||1,320 mg |
|Total Carbohydrate||32.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g |
Save some for lunch and freeze the rest.
| 85% lean ground beef
| Italian chicken sausage, casings removed ||8 ounces|
| Freshly ground pepper
||1/8 teaspoon |
| Marinara sauce
||2 (26-ounce) jars|
| Part-skim ricotta cheese
|Grated Parmesan cheese
||1 cup (2 ounces) |
| No-boil lasagna noodles
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||2 cups (8 ounces) |
- Preheat oven to 375ÀöF.
- Add ground beef and crumbled chicken sausage to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mash together using a fork or wooden spoon and cook for 8-10 minutes, until slightly browned. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Transfer meat to a large bowl and combine with marinara sauce.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg and then mix in the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Distribute 1 cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Top with 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce, being sure to spread it evenly and to the edges. Use a small spoon to dollop half of the cheese mixture over the sauce. Continue the layering by topping with the lasagna noodles, 1 ½ cups of meat sauce, and the remaining cheese mixture. Top with the remaining cheese mixture and then the shredded mozzarella.
- Loosely cover the lasagna with foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
3.5 medium-fat meats and meat substitutes; 2 starches; 1 vegetable
Top mixed greens with chopped chives, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with favorite dressing.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.