French Toast With Poached Plums
|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Plums, any variety, pitted and sliced||2 cups|
|Egg substitute||1 cup|
|Fat-free milk||2 tablespoons|
|½-inch thick slices of bread||4|
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and the water over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cook until a thin syrup forms, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the plums and continue to cook, stirring often, until the plums soften, another 4-5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from heat, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- In shallow baking dish, combine the eggs and milk and beat them lightly. Add the bread in a single layer, soaking the first side 1-2 minutes, then turning and soaking the other side.
- In large frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat until it foams.
- Add the bread and cook until golden, 3-4 minutes. Turn with a spatula and cook the other side until golden, another 3-4 minutes.
- Put one piece of the bread on each of the 4 plates. Over each, spoon some of the warm plums and their sauce and sprinkle with a little confectioner's sugar. Serve immediately.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
California Tree Fruit Agreement
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.