Use 1% milk and a small amount of margarine to make this cornbread lower in saturated fat and cholesterol.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|White sugar||¼ cup |
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Buttermilk, 1% fat||1 cup|
|Margarine (tub)||¼ cup |
|Vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)||1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and mix by hand or with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in an 8 x 8 inch greased baking dish. Let cool.
- Cut into 10 squares.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
Copyright © 2007
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.