Pasta With Sausage and Sun-dried Tomatoes
|Total Fat||17.5 g |
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Sodium||1,711 mg |
|Total Carbohydrate||57.5 g |
|Dietary Fiber||8.5 g |
|Dried sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (use scissors to cut into small strips)
||¼ cup |
|Whole wheat penne (or other pasta)
||4 ounces |
|Hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
||½ pound |
||2 teaspoons |
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
|Reduced sodium chicken stock
||½ cup |
|Swiss chard (about ½ pound), washed and stems removed
||1 bunch |
|Parmesan cheese, grated
||2 tablespoons |
- Steam sun-dried tomatoes in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes, breaking it apart with a fork as it cooks, until evenly browned. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add chicken broth to the skillet. Stir around, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the Swiss chard, cover and cook for another 2 minutes, until Swiss chard is tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add in sun-dried tomatoes and drained pasta. Stir to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
3 lean meats; 1 fat; 1 vegetable; 3.5 starches
Preheat oven to 400ÀöF. Cut a butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut-side down on a well-oiled baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.