This tasty dish provides a healthy array of vegetables and can be used for breakfast, brunch, or any meal! Serve with fresh fruit salad and a dinner roll.
|Serving Size||1/5 of omelet
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
| Small potatoes, peeled and sliced
|Olive oil or vegetable cooking spray
||1 tablespoon |
|Medium onion, minced
|Small zucchini, sliced
| Green/red peppers, sliced thin
|Medium mushrooms, sliced
|Whole eggs, beaten
|Egg whites, beaten
|Pepper and garlic salt with herbs to taste
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
||3 ounces |
|Parmesan cheese||1 tablespoon |
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- In a nonstick pan, add oil or vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
- Oil or spray a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet. Transfer potatoes and eggs mixture to pan. Spread with parmesan cheese and bake omelet until firm and brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
Serving From Grains/Beans/Starchy Vegetable Group: 1
Serving From Meat Group: 1
Serving From Fat: ½
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.