Sweet Potato Custard
Sweet potatoes and bananas combine to make a flavorful low-fat custard made with evaporated skim milk and no added fat.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Mashed cooked sweet potato||1 cup|
|Mashed banana (about 2 small)||½ cup|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 cup|
|Packed brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Beaten egg yolks (or 1/3 cup egg substitute)||2|
|Nonstick cooking spray as needed|
|Ground cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
- Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325ºF oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.