Two Cheese Pizza
Serve your pizza with fresh fruit and a mixed green salad garnished with red beans to balance your meal.
|Serving Size||2 slices (¼ of pie)
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Protein||18 g |
|Whole wheat flour to sprinkle on working surface
|Refrigerated pizza crust
||1 can (10 ounces) |
||2 tablespoons |
| Low-fat ricotta cheese
| Dried basil
|Small onion, minced
| Garlic, minced
| Salt (optional)
| Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||4 ounces|
|Large red pepper, cut into strips||1|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt. Spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for 13-15 minutes until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Serving From Grains/Beans/Starchy Vegetable Group:
Serving From Meat Group:
Serving From Fat: 1½
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
Copyright © 2007
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.