Remember those 10 pounds you were supposed to lose last year? Or what about that fantasy novel you were supposed to start writing during that recent vacation?
Many people have goals and a basic outline of what their ideal life would be, but they don’t necessarily do what it takes to get the life they want. Luckily there are experts who can help you find that inner power to start living your true life right now.
Stever Robbins, the host of the “Get-it-Done Guy” business podcast, an executive coach and adjunct lecturer at Babson College, has four tips for people who know what they want to do in life, they just haven’t managed to get there yet.
1) “Stay connected to them on a regular basis. Draw out a life map that
connects your daily projects to your highest goals and review it daily, so
you can see how the little items are connected to your big motivators.”
2) “Plan for change. Any big change of goals will change who you hang out
with, what you talk about, and how you go about your daily life. Think that
through ahead of time, anticipate the changes, and set up structures to
make them happen.”
3) “Get a friend. It's easier when you have someone else and can hold each
other mutually accountable.”
4) “Start with action and controlled experiments. Don't quit your day job to
write your novel. Find ways to write small pieces at no risk, and then
increase your writing only if it's really giving you the joy/happiness/progress you want.”
Mark Wiggins, a motivational speaker, trainer, co-creator of the Journey to Success program, and author of the book “Permission to Succeed: The Only Person Who Needs To Give It Is You,” gave six straightforward steps of his suggested process toward achieving goals:
1. “Determine your destination.”
2. “Identify your purpose.”
3. “Set your goals.”
4. “Develop your strategy.”
5. “Take action.”
6. “Evaluate your progress.”
Michelle King, a personal and motivational life and relationship coach, has five motivational tips for people who need a jumpstart toward their goals:
1) “Get clear on exactly what it is you want to achieve and accomplish in life.