|Serving Size||2 pupusas|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Chicken breast, ground||1 pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Lowfat mozzarella cheese, grated||½ pound|
|Small onion, finely diced||½|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Medium green pepper, seeded, minced||1|
|Small tomato, finely chopped||1|
|Instant corn flour (masa harina)||5 cups|
- In nonstick skillet, sauté chicken in oil over low heat until it turns white. Stir chicken constantly to keep it from sticking.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and tomato. Cook chicken mixture through. Remove skillet from stove and let mixture cool in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place flour in large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to make stiff, tortilla-like dough.
- When chicken mixture has cooled, mix in cheese.
- Divide dough into 24 portions. With your hands, roll dough into balls and flatten each into 1/2-inch thick circle. Put spoonful of chicken mixture in middle of each circle of dough and bring edges to center. Flatten ball of dough again until it is 1/2-inch thick.
- In very hot iron skillet, cook pupusas on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2007 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.