It wasn’t that long ago that my little guy was kicking around inside my belly, just as joyful as I was to be eating a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. This holiday reminds me of how I felt as I celebrated and anxiously awaited our precious arrival. Here is my list of the top ten things to be thankful for during pregnancy as you celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
10. You have no problem picking out a cute maternity outfit to wear and all your choices have pants with stretchy waistbands.
9. You get to rest with your feet up while everyone else prepares the food and cleans up the dishes.
8. You look fantastic in all group pictures because you are glowing.
7. You don’t have to feel guilty if you want to take a nap.
6. Your belly doesn’t seem that much larger than everyone’s today.
5. You can smell all the wonderful food before you even step foot in the house thanks to your enlightened pregnancy sense of smell.
4. No one is surprised when you begin to sob as you announce what you are thankful for.
3. You feel like a walking good luck charm as all your relatives rub or pat your belly.
2. Thanks to your prenatal vitamins, your hair and nails look healthy and fantastic!
1. You know that next Thanksgiving your baby will be in your arms instead of your belly.
The holidays can be a stressful time but try to remember to rest, enjoy every kick, and take care of yourself and the baby that you are carrying. A family is a special thing to be blessed with. I could not be more thankful for my beautiful children and wonderful husband. Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!