10. Once you are able to eat food again, you gain a new appreciation for the taste of things. After months of being sick, everything tasted WONDERFUL to me.
9. Strangers are kinder than usual. I was amazed at the courtesy people showed me by holding open doors, helping lift things, or just giving me pleasant smiles. Of course, these may be the same people that nearly run you and your newborn over in front of Target because they can’t wait 10 seconds for the stroller to cross the street. You may also experience increased dirty looks when your baby cries in public. The kindness tends to end upon giving birth.
8. Other women are extremely supportive and complimentary. There is nothing like weighing more than you ever have before and being swollen and uncomfortable and still having someone tell you how great you look.
7. Bigger Bras and Pregnancy Cleavage. This is great to enjoy before your breasts grow bigger than you imagine with milk, and then shrink down to a smaller size than what you originally had before becoming pregnant.
6. Afternoon NAPS! Let the housework go. You get to sleep during the day. That is if you don’t have other children to take care of.
5. Friends and family are more understanding about you having PMS symptoms everyday, all day and night.
4. Freedom to not hold in your stomach! For once, you get to dress to enhance your belly.
3. Pampering. You get your feet rubbed, back massaged and are REQUIRED to sit, rest and relax.
2. A whole new reason to shop.
1. Your reward at the end of 10 months: A tiny person who thinks YOU are the BEST thing in the world.