February is all about love and romance. With all of these emotions in the air, this month can be particularly difficult for women. We analyze our current relationships, thinking they’re not romantic enough, or we analyze ourselves for being single, wondering why on earth that is. We seem to only think of the men in our lives around the 14th, and we forget about all of the other kinds of love.
Remember to love HER! Here are 50 tips and stories to help you love yourself and build up others this holiday.
- “You Don’t Need Cupid to Love Yourself,” try out these 10 tips today, and take the first step in realizing how wonderful and beautiful you really are.
- “Figure out who you are separate from your family, and the man or woman you're in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that's the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else.” - Angelina Jolie
- It’s time to stop comparing yourself to other women. Instead, build yourself up, build her up, and stand together in solidarity with your fellow women!
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” - Beyonce
- Feel good about yourself everyday with the help of these 5 tips, it’s essential to your happiness!
- “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” - Mitch Albom
- “...I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I’m tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become.” - Johnny Weir
- Along with loving your unique talents and enchanting personality, love the skin you’re in with these tips to get luminous, healthy skin!
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- You deserve a strong and healthy romance, here’s a few ways to help you and your partner get there.
- “The more connections you and your lover make, not just between your bodies, but between your minds, your hearts, and your souls, the more you will strengthen the fabric of your relationship, and the more real moments you will experience together.”
-Barbara de Angelis
- Treat yourself to chocolate, but make it dark. Love yourself enough to watch out for your heart!
- Are you so nervous for that big date tomorrow night that you’re planning out what to say in your head? We know the feeling! Be confident! There’s no need to worry, connections are made in other ways...
“You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.” -C. JoyBell C.
- If you’re still getting over a breakup, Valentine’s Day can be the worst day of the year. Read these words of wisdom to motivate you to work past it. Then, grab your friends and have fun night full of wine, chocolates, and movies! You’ll feel better at the end of it, we guarantee it.
- Oh Sex and the City, we’ve learned so much from you...
“Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” - Candace Bushnell, Sex and the City
- There’s no shame in staying in and making your Valentine’s Day a girls night with your bestfriends, your true soulmates! Here’s a few DIY skin care tips to treat yourselves to a spa night… which, if we’re being honest, is far better than wearing aching heels to a restaurant that way too crowded.
- “Let’s assume that you’ve had some kind of loss, like a broken heart, a setback at work, you’ve been fired, or any of those things. There is always gold to be mined in those situations. Instead of being a victim in your life, you figure out: “Okay I’ll be mindful of this situation and then I’m going to find out the power in it.” So we move from being a victim to feeling empowered by moving through whatever is happening, understanding that all things happen for a reason, and there can be power even in the worst situations. “ - Dr. Christiane Northrup on HER Radio
- Don’t settle for lust, you deserve love.
- Accepting yourself is knowing that even though you have a few flaws, they make you who you are. Loving yourself is waiting for the one that will see the same thing.
“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”― Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil
- It’s time to start loving your nose, your thighs, and your birthmarks. Each one of these traits make you into the strong, beautiful woman you are!
- Get your softest lips ever to feel confident and empowered enough to go in for that kiss on tomorrow’s date.
- Sometimes your hormones know how you feel about your love life before you do.
- “One of the traits of a successful business women is she takes care of herself and her health… in this she can inspire others to do the same,” - Pamela Peeke, MD on HER Radio
- You are a strong and confident woman! We bet you can find a few things on this list you do already, and maybe a few you want to add to your lifestyle.
- Don’t be blindsided by all the love in the air, demand that your relationship is a safe and healthy one.
- We all feel the pressure this month to find that special someone, but beware of these 5 toxic personality types. Demand the best for yourself, and never settle.
- Don’t be afraid to discuss sex with your partner beforehand so you both know what pleases one another. The conversation might be awkward, but we know you have the confidence to work your way through it.
- “Make life an adventure,” and other great tips on how to keep a happy relationship!
- Dr. Marty Klein is one of EmpowHER’s Valentine’s, we love our sex guru! Here’s some of the most common questions he gets.
- “Here’s what “better communication” about sex involves: vocabulary, knowing what you want, and a willingness to say it.” - Dr. Marty Klein
- Let’s think about the hearts in our bodies instead of the ones on the shelves. Learn about heart disease and how to prevent it!
- “I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together.” - Julia Roberts
- Stress isn’t good for your body, your mind, or your well-being. It especially isn’t good for your heart.
- Think about every form of love in your life this holiday...
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” - Steve Jobs
- Staying in for Valentine’s Day? Incorporate these heart healthy foods into your meal.
- Look out for the real little rascals that stole your heart, your children. Prevent high blood pressure and heart disease in your little ones. Teach them to be confident and healthy, just like Mom.
- “With the spread of conformity and image-driven superficiality, the allure of an individuated woman in full possession of herself and her powers will prove irresistible. We were born for plenitude and inner fulfillment.” - Elizabeth Prioleau
- Take some “me time” this morning to kick off your day with some tea, it could help unclog your arteries, and help out with countless other things!
- Martina McBride shared some heart healthy tips with EmpowHER, Love HER!
- “I think that’s the most neglected issue when we go to work on body image, the experience one has of living in their body.” - Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, Susan Kleinman on HER Radio
Take some time to talk out how you truly feel in your own skin, then take some time listing all the things you love about yourself and your body.
- The internet has found its way into our love life, and according to Expert Ken Page on HER Radio, online dating can work for you. Find a site that matches you based on common interests for the most success, and stay away from apps like Tinder, where it’s based on looks. You deserve a real love with a real connection! Not just a swipe on an app!
- Be true to yourself, surround yourself with positive people, and other tips to help build self confidence!
- A great personal story from a women on how she built up her self esteem that we can all identify with.
- “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.”- Ellen J. Barrier
- Confident women ask for help when they need it, are open to love, and own their own feelings. There is strength in being vulnerable, and there is strength in being human.
- Set aside some time each day for yourself! Even just 15 minutes of “me time” can change how you feel for the entire day.
- “The best fashion advice I’d say would be just to do what makes you comfortable and what makes you feel cute… that’s how you’re going to look your best...when you feel your best, everybody else can feel it too.” - Ariana Grande
- Some awesome tips on how to dress for your body type so you feel confident out in the world!
- “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today when human contact goes so fast. Fashion is instant language.” - Miuccia Prada
- Lastly, as we said in our beginning message, spread the love and love yourself!
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”- Lucille Ball