On the eve of Valentine’s Days, we decided to give you some creative ideas to spice things up in the bedroom.
While many of you may not need any of these tips, it is always good to have a reserve of ideas on hand. There is nothing sexier than your partner saying, “Wow! Where did you get that idea? I love it! When can we do it again?”
Spicy idea number one:
• Give your partner a new pet name
In an interview with CBS This Morning, Andrea Syrtash, a dating/relationship expert/advice columnist and author of "Cheat On Your Husband (With Your Husband)" stated, "pet names are your own secret language in a relationship and it helps build a bond."
Positive pet names are a great creative idea. They can bring a playful smile to your partner’s face. Pet names can also be a playful inside joke between the couple. During my dating years, my pet name for a former boyfriend was “Crash.”
Another great tip from the interview was AVOID turning your partner into your roommate. Syrtash referred to this as the "roommate effect."
This could be a relationship disaster waiting to happen. Many times, we become complacent and comfortable with our partner or we simply become stuck in a routine. As Syrtash playfully stated, "We need to keep the mystery alive in marriage." So, ladies always close the bathroom door.
According to Syrtash, “break the rules for a better romance.” Here are some key relationship tips from Syrtash:
• Being happily married starts with your own happiness
• Date nights are good for your kids to witness. Let the kids pick out your outfit or date. You are promoting healthy relationships by involving your kids.
• It's essential to keep courting your partner
• When communication breaks down, relationships break up
• Novelty is just as important as routine
Inspired by Syrtash’s CBS interview and novelty concept, here are some other things you can do to “spice it up” in the bedroom (or any room):
• Invest in a super sex bra. Forget the underwear. Go commando. This will be your special bra that only your significant other will see. It can be his favorite color, a bra that highlights your cleavage, etc..