Photo: Getty Images
In honor of the National Nutrition Month’s slogan – Eat Right with Color, I wanted to write some "quick business bites" for those days when you are in a hurry.
There are mornings you just wish you had woken earlier or reached work on time. You wake up in the morning and you know your schedule is going to be a mad rush between waiting clients, to-do lists from your boss, personal bills that need to be paid, grocery, laundry and of course, you’ll want to have a life after office hours, should you get back home in good time.
So where is the time to fit in cooking meals on such days? We need to have some nutritious on-the-go options to remain healthy in the long run. This means you need a balanced fix of exercise and healthy eating.
So let’s take a look at what options you have to eat healthy without losing too much time planning for the meals. I have listed various options below, of which you can have any two for a meal.
1. 1 cup of low-fat yogurt or low-fat set curd
2. 1 bowl of any combination of fruits you love, picked up at your local green grocers. Add as many colors as you want in your basket
3. 1 low-fat wholegrain, low sugar granola bar
4. 1 egg done sunny side up
5. 1 mug of skim or low-fat milk with muesli
6. 1 pair of brown bread slices (with visible wholegrain) with peanut butter
7. 1 cup of tea with low-fat milk or coffee with low-fat milk but without sugar
8. 1 pair of brown bread (with visible wholegrain) with low-fat cheese slices
9. 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese
10. 1 medium bowl of instant oatmeal
11. A small bowl of garbanzo bean/chickpea or green gram sprouts with lemon and mild salt
Mid-morning snack options:
1. 2 dark rye or any other wholegrain crisp breads
2. 1 small soft boiled egg
3. 1 tub of low-fat yogurt without sugar
4. A bowl of salad without dressing
5. 1 bowl of cooked vegetables (even if they are from a frozen vegetables packet) with low-fat yogurt
6. A hummus sandwich made of brown wholegrain pita bread
7. Any 1 fruit of your choice
8. 1 cup of tea with low-fat milk or coffee with low-fat milk but without sugar