Write your Congressional Representatives (both House and Senate) today expressing your support of key principles critical to healthcare reform. A 2009 member poll by Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) showed that 72 percent of women business owners believe health care reform is needed in order to be successful.
Whether you are a business owner or not, health care reform will affect you.
Key components of healthcare reform that WIPP vigorously supports:
· Creation of a private nationwide insurance purchasing pool for small businesses.
· Rating reform and the elimination of health status for benefits rating.
· A simplified enrollment process.
· An individual requirement for health insurance coverage.
WIPP vigorously opposes:
· An employer mandate that includes small businesses.
· The taxation of employee health benefits.
What is important to YOU?