If you’re like many other Americans this week, you’re back to work and have maybe packed on a few more pounds. You are noticing that your pants are a little tighter, you feel a little puffier, and you’re sluggish. Perhaps you have over eaten, drank too much and skipped out on your exercise. if so, then it’s time to clean out with the old and start over! Here are some tips:
1) No more sugar. For a full seven days skip out on anything sugary such as desserts, leftover chocolates, mochas, and dessert. It’s going to be hard at first, however I’m sure you have been storing up since Thanksgiving and could use the break – I know I could!
2) No more alcohol. Much like the sugar suggestion above, alcohol has a lot of excessive calories and sugar that you probably don’t need right now.
3) Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. You need to flush everything out of your system and water is the perfect way to do so.
4) Start the day with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in warm water every morning. This helps stimulate the detoxification process and also helps with digestion.
5) Drink a little lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in ½ cup of water before lunch and dinner to further stimulate digestion and move things along.
6) If you need something hot, buy detox teas or organic green tea commonly sold in grocery stores in the tea section and sip on it all day long. The herbs in these drinks will help your liver process toxins faster.
7) Eat vegetables at every meal. Stir-fry vegetables in an egg scramble, have a salad for lunch and steamed vegetables with your dinner.
8) Try castor oil rubbed onto your belly. Don’t swallow it but instead rub it over your belly and right rib cage then cover with an old towel (to avoid castor oil stains) and relax for 30-60 minutes. This helps your digestion and liver.
9) Do Epsom soaks in your bath. This can easily be purchased from any drug store. Put a few cups into a nice warm bath and soak your muscles. Epsom salts are magnesium-based which is so good for your body.