Here are some other interesting CAM facts by the AHMA:
• Four in 10 U.S. adults use some form of CAM annually
• In 2007, more than $34 billion was spent on CAM
• $12 billion on visits to practitioners and $22 billion on products, classes materials
• Over the last 10 years, more than $10 billion has been spent on CAM research
• Chronic back, neck and joint pain are most likely to generate CAM usage
If you are interested in learning more about holistic medicine, visit the American Health Holistic Association website. The AHHA offers a free 30-page booklet titled ʺWellness from Withinʺ at http://ahha.org/ahhastep.htm/
This booklet offers a wellness quiz, tips on balancing your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual self, goal worksheet, wellness contract, and additional information on holistic medicine.
LAWS/ETHICS. Fast Facts. American Holistic Medical Association (AHMA). Retrieved January 23, 2012, from
Mind Body Basics - Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA. Massachusetts General Hospital Home. Retrieved January 23, 2012, from http://www.massgeneral.org/bhi/basics/default.aspx.
Relaxation techniques. University of Maryland Medical Center | Home. Retrieved January 23, 2012, from
Reviewed January 24, 2012
by Michele Blacksberg RN
Edited by Jody Smith