Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Can I get help finding a doctor in New York to treat my back pain?

By Anonymous January 1, 2013 - 9:55am
Rate This

I am experiencing severe pain in my lower back and down my legs into my toes. It alternates between the left and right leg. There is alot of numbness in my legs and toes with sensation of pins, needles and vibration in the toes. I am also getting shocks in the pelvic area and down my legs. I have difficulty walking, standing for long and sitting.
I am not familiar with the doctors and do not know who to visit. Please help.

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anon,

It sounds like you may have some type of nerve damage. In this case, the best doctor to see would be a neurologist. However, in most cases a neurologist is a specialist which you need to be referred to by your primary care physician. So, schedule an appointment with your doctor, explain your symptoms and if he cannot help you with his general knowledge, then he will more than likely refer you to a neurologist or any other specialist that he thinks you may benefit from seeing.

Good luck,


January 2, 2013 - 9:36am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Sciatica Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!