Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

can i use OTC hydrocortisone cream for female jock itch irriation and inflammation of groin and vagina? its a constant sting and burn.

By Anonymous December 14, 2014 - 8:56am
Rate This

Also is there anything better I could use that would give me relieve of this burning pain ?

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello, and thank you for sharing your question with the community.  I understand how uncomfortable this rash must be for you. I'd love you offer some helpful information.

OTC hydrocortisone cream works well for rashes even in the groin area.  But because the skin around the vagina is so sensitive it is better to get a cream specifically for vaginal irritation. You can find vaginal cream at cvs or rite aid that are very effective.  It is best to choose the one that best fits your needs.  You may have irritation from a yeast infection, bacteria, or just general dryness and irritation.  Using a vaginal cream will be more effective and less risky than using hydrocortisone.

I hope this helps.  Let us know if you have any more questions.

December 14, 2014 - 9:43pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Skin Rash

Get Email Updates

Skin Rash Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!