Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Can vitamin k cause an allergic reaction?

By Anonymous April 4, 2012 - 1:59pm
Rate This

I started taking a suplment called BoneUp with more vitamin K and after taking it I developed a rash all over my upper body and some swelling in my lips. Had to go to doctor to get a shot. Have you heard of a reaction to this supplement or to Vitamin K. Thank you!

Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

If you are unable to eat, you should immediately go to the emergency room and be checked for possible side effects of your Vitamin K intake.

Keep us posted.

April 29, 2012 - 4:55pm
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Anonymous)

I think I wrote my comment wrong. I can eat but only food that have medium to low amount of vitamin K. I never had any food reactions until I took a sumplement called BoneUp with more asorbing vitamin K. I need to know what to do about this problem. Thank you for your information.

April 29, 2012 - 6:09pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Allergies Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!