Facebook Pixel

could a doctor help me with my stomach problems

By April 21, 2010 - 6:39pm
Rate This

i have being having really bad pains in my stomach and it feels very tender and swollen im struggling trying to get of the chair an in having pains in the centre of me spine ive had my gallbladder removed in december so i know is not that could you tell me what else it could be im not suffering from constipation

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Donser-

Have you seen a health care provider about this? If you haven't, you really should. This could be related to your gallbladder surgery, or it could be many other things, some no big deal and others that would need treatment.

We have a section on the digestive system here: https://www.empowher.com/condition/digestive-system

Is the pain in your actual stomach area, or in your abdomen somewhere? What sort of pain is it? Achy, sharp, crampy, etc.? Does it get worse before or after eating?

These are the types of questions you will be asked when you get checked out by your provider. What you describe could be anything from reflux to pancreatitis or even a stone left in the bile duct when your gallbladder was taken out. Or it could just be gas, or post gallbladder symptoms that some people get. Those symptoms are often diet related.

Please see your provider to discuss what it going on before it gets worse. There is no reason to have daily pain like this when the answer could be a simple diet change or acid-reducing pill.

Good luck and if we can be of further help, please let us know.

April 22, 2010 - 6:18am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.