Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

depression, anger, mood swings, thoughts of hurting myself.

By Anonymous October 27, 2011 - 4:29pm
Rate This

I've been on every drug for depression they make, since my 20's
I'm now 45 and withen the last month my moods and anger have gotton to where I cannot control them, even with meds>
I take celexa & welbutrin &clonazepan as needed.
My doctor just keeps changing drugs and I really feel like I'm going insane.
What kind of doctor do I go to to see if all this could be hormonal?(I'm already on synthroid for under active tyriod)
very desperate, I hope u can help me.
I saw you on the doctors and thought maybe I have some hope.
thank you, Nancy

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Nancy,
Thank you for your question and I certainly hope we can help. Have you tried another method of dealing with your depression besides medications? Do you see a therapist?

I think if you may have an idea that this may be hormonal if it has been this long already and no depression medications seem to be assising you. Remember that anytime you stop taking medications, you should ALWAYS consult your physician first. For hormonal issues, you can seek assistance with an endocrinologist. Here is a link to help you find one in your area http://www.hormone.org/FindAnEndo/.

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted.


October 30, 2011 - 2:28pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Depression Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!