Facebook Pixel

finding a doctor

By May 23, 2012 - 12:00pm
Rate This

I am 41 yrs old and have not had a menstral cycle at all...... in 3 years. I have 4 children the youngest is 2 1/2. I have hot flashes, weight gain, and a lot of moodiness and no patience. I truly believe I'm in menopause. Everyone I talk to keeps telling me the same thing "your too young". I live in Massachusetts and close to Boston,ma. Could you please recommend a good Female doctor that can help regulate my hormones. Thank you, Lori Polson

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Lori,

Women start perimenopause at different ages. You can start noticing the signs in your 40s, or even as early as your 30s.

Perimenopause is the interval in which a woman's body makes a natural shift from somewhat regular cycles of ovulation and menstruation toward permanent infertility or menopause.

A gynecologist can help you manage your fluctuating hormone levels and the symptoms of perimenopause.

The Massachusetts Medical Society website, (http://www.massmed.org/Content/NavigationMenu10/Patients/FindingaDoctor/...)
can help you find a physician in your area.

I hope this is helpful.


May 23, 2012 - 4:21pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Perimenopause Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!