Got a Sex Question You Need Answered? "Ask Me Anything", Says Dr. Marty Klein

By EmpowHER May 23, 2008 - 12:34pm

Dr. Marty Klein, a well-known marriage counselor and sex therapist is tackling your toughest sex questions. Submit your question here (anonymously if you prefer) and he could respond to you on his next show.

Visit Dr. Klein's web site:

Get Dr. Klein's books:

Hello, I was just wondering, I have always humped my hands and it has only lasted a minute or two, and I really want it to last longer. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried porn and sexual books. I can only fit one or two fingers in my vagina and it doesn't even feel that good to me, and after the minute I just feel like I never want to masturbate again, and I put all my clothes back on. Please help!

I'm a 21 year old virgin by choice( waiting for marriage)and I've been masturbating since I was 8. Since then I would touch myself multiple times a week. It became that i couldn't go a day without masturbating.I mostly do clitoral stimulation and recently began enjoying one-two finger penetration. As I got older I began to look more online for people to have cyber sex with. In the last year I have found that I cum the hardest when touching myself in front of strangers online. Which brings me to my point I began to enjoy just being watched touching myself and having older men touch themselves and me not coming at all. In the last few months I have no enjoyment in coming at all. the build up is much more enjoyable and cumming is really a let down next to the initial cumming.I was curious if this was normal and if it had a specific name

Hello Anon

This particular thread is almost a decade old - you can contact Dr Klein on the links given above. He does not respond to this thread.

Me and my boyfriend are an interracial couple, and almost every time me and my boyfriend have sex, there are dark, strong odor smelling stains with an imprint of my behind in my sheets. So either its coming out of me because of his lack of hygiene or its dripping off of him onto my sheets. This has never happened with any other partner before, nor has it ever happened to me personally. I've been telling him to wash before sex and I usually shower every time and I'm not sure if he's doing it thoroughly enough but its still happening. Is this from lack of hygiene? Is it just dead skin since he's darker skinned?

I was up 2 hours last night in the bathroom with intense burning stomach and nausea, and my gosh it was awful! I've had it before, but not often. When I "mess with myself" I tend to flex my stomach and push on my urethra/abdominal area to increase...well you get it. Now, could that strain cause intense stomach burning? I wouldn't think to ask except that it's happened before.

Heya Doc,
For over the past nine years of being with my boyfriend, he really has gotten obsessed with his fetish to the point I lose all sexual desire when he brings it up. It's always been weird for me to engage with it and I have done so to make him happy in the past....but now it just flat out disgusts me. Tonight, even when he tried to do things for me I just could not get into it. What should I do? I feel awful.

Hi! I am currently on pills for missing my periods. And I am having it these days. Today me and my guy were making love without any protection and although he did not ejaculate inside, he might have precummed because he was in for around 15-20 seconds. I want to know if I will get pregnant. What is the probability of getting pregnant.

When I penetrate the vagina of mine, I tend to hit something whenever I go deep. What is that? The opening to the uterus? It feels painfully pleasurable and I worry if hitting it too often could be a bad thing.

Can petroleum jelly be used as lube if I am a male and just masturbating? I've heard about petroleum jelly causing yeast infections but am not sure if that would apply to my situation.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Petroleum jelly as a lubricant, for women, has been linked to developing yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis, which has been linked to pelvic inflammatory disease.

As a male, using it as a lubrication during masturbation, should be okay.

Be aware, petroleum-based products will break down latex and polyurethane, so they will affect the majority of mass produced condoms. The breakdown can happen so quickly that a condom may break within a few minutes of coming in contact with petroleum jelly.