Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

How can I get a cardiologist to actually do a full workup.

By Anonymous August 13, 2012 - 5:18pm
Rate This

I have been to three cardiologists, they all take an EKG, BP, Temp and WEight, and look at my year old stress test, which was horrible, and the immediate angiogram which was done over a year ago and send me on my way with "your fine" Every single female in my family has died of heart related issues. I currently am experiencing frequent left chest pain that goes through to my back and up my neck, nausea, dizziness, extreme tiredness, and am no longer able to do the thngs I enjoy. My blood pressure is 86/62 one morning and 120/76 the next with no activity, My heart races for no reason and I get nervous when it happens. I wake up choking and unable to breath. Jan 2012 CT SCan for PE showed mild aortic atherosclerosis and July CT Scan shows diffuse aortic atherosclerosis. I am worried, and do not know how to proceed.

Add a CommentComments

There are no comments yet. Be the first one and get the conversation started!

Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Heart Disease

Get Email Updates

Heart Disease Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!