Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I am 51 yrs old and have pelvic and back pain with discharge for several years now.

By Anonymous December 21, 2011 - 7:58pm
Rate This

Finally went to see GYN - she prescribe clindamycin after a pelvic exam and culture done. Pap was OK. Ultrasound taken - results sent to Doctor - what is a bilateral uterus - split uterus as I was told by the tech. - Do I need to be concerned? Can't find info on net.

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER. You should ask your doctor to confirm the results of your ultrasound.  Sounds to me what the tech meant was A bicornuate uterus is a uterus that has two horns and a heart shape. The uterus has a wall inside and a partial split outside. A bicornuate uterus is the most common congenital uterine anomaly and can impact a woman's reproductive capabilities.  But it's important to see your doctor and have him explain the results of the test.



December 22, 2011 - 5:21am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.