I have pain from my right spine down to the calf of my right leg. What could cause this pain?

What can I do to relieve this pain. It's not as bad as it once was which was really really so bad that I could barely walk. Now there's a little pa in left in my spine and lower leg. Please help me. Any suggestions.

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing and i'm sorry you're in this kind of pain.

While we cannot diagnose anything, it sounds like you have sciatica.

Sciatica refers to pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve, which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg. Typically, sciatica affects only one side of your body.

Sciatica most commonly occurs when a herniated disk, bone spur on the spine or narrowing of the spine (spinal stenosis) compresses part of the nerve. This causes inflammation, pain and often some numbness in the affected leg.

Pain that radiates from your lower (lumbar) spine to your buttock and down the back of your leg is the hallmark of sciatica. You might feel the discomfort almost anywhere along the nerve pathway, but it's especially likely to follow a path from your low back to your buttock and the back of your thigh and calf.

Consider scheduling an appointment with your primary care physician to have this evaluated. Keep us updated.

Sciatica Guide