Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

i have pain in my upper abdomine, under my right rib cage, the pain comes and goes but seems to be ggint stronger, i belch repeatedly, could this be gll blAdder atck and should i go to er if it continues

By Anonymous January 16, 2012 - 7:38pm
Rate This

Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

I Alsace pain under right rib cage that can extend to back. I don't have a gallbladder so what could it be. I have had doctors say I might have abs with constipation. I don't even know who to go to anymore.

April 8, 2018 - 11:13am
EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  These are some of the symptoms of gallbladder attack.

Moderate to severe pain under the right side of the rib cage

Pain may radiate through to the back or to the right shoulder

Severe upper abdominal pain (biliary colic)





Burping or belching

Attacks are often at night

Attacks often occur after overeating

Pain will often but not always follow a meal with fats or grease

Pain may be worse with deep inhalation

Attacks can last from 15 minutes to 15 hours

It may be Gallstones or the pain can be cause by many other conditions. It's best you see a doctor soon.

Here's a link that might be helpful


January 17, 2012 - 4:26am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Gallstones Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!