Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have a uterine prolapse with cistocele in grade 3. I need to locate a good doctor in Houston for surgery, what do you recommend?

By Anonymous September 15, 2010 - 11:41am
Rate This

Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Why don't you look into the Fembrace V-Brace before deciding on surgery. It's a support garment that holds everything up in place, when you feel like your insides are falling out. It eases back pain and stomach pain. It's worth a few dollars to try a garment before committing to surgery. [website link removed my moderator]
Good luck to you!

October 13, 2010 - 11:01am

Hi Anonymous,
Here is a link for finding a provider:
Has your GP or the doctor who diagnosed you recommended anyone? Also, have you talked with friends/relatives. Do they have doctors in this area of expertise that they could recommend?
Here is the Uterine Prolapse page on EmpowHER for more information: http://www.healthfinder.gov/scripts/Topics.asp?context=8&keyword=148&Branch=3&letter=a
If you are beyond your childbearing years, surgery may be an option, but here is an article that may interest you about alternatives:
Good luck and let us know how else we can help if needed.

September 15, 2010 - 12:18pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Uterine Prolapse

Get Email Updates

Uterine Prolapse Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!