Facebook Pixel

i know this couple who have been trying to get pregnant but has has no luck in the past two years. My friend has three boys from a previous relationship. What could be the cause of her not getting pregnant or what are her options.

By December 9, 2011 - 7:46am
Rate This

Add a Comment2 Comments

Hi nikkij,

Thanks for posting for your friend. May I ask how old she is? The inability to conceive while actively trying for more than one year can be classified as infertility by a doctor. If your friend has three children from a previous relationship, then the doctor may look into her husband to determine if his sperm is viable. Also, I asked for her age because as we age, our ability to conceive also decreases so this should also be taken into consideration. 

Your friend and her husband should first see their doctor and s/he may refer them to a fertility specialist to perform any appropriate tests. 

All the best,


December 9, 2011 - 8:37am
(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

my friend is 35.

December 9, 2011 - 9:19am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Infertility / Fertility

Get Email Updates

Infertility / Fertility Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!