My legs ankle and feet swelling

I have no idea why o have not changed anything I'm doing or taken.
My left is more then my right its been going on now for 3 days

hi,recently at the end of the day, i have been noticing that my foot and ankles are swollen. I have high blood pressure and on medication. I am 55 yrs old.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I would mention this to your doctor, just to be on the safe side.

What does it mean if just me left foot and ankle are swollen?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It could mean an injury, infection or even a blood clot (depending upon many factors - age, weight, general health, medications). It's important to see your doctor for a diagnosis.

Dear Anon,

Thank you for your post.

There are several things that can cause swelling to the legs/feet.

Weight can be a factor. Excess body mass can decrease blood circulation, causing fluid to build up in the feet, legs, and ankles. Standing or sitting for long periods: When the muscles are inactive, they can't pump body fluids back up toward the heart. The retention of water and blood can cause swelling in the legs. Infection or certain diseases can cause swelling as well. Speak to your doctor if this persists.