Facebook Pixel

need to know if it is hypermenorhea

By October 30, 2011 - 10:41pm
Rate This

i am 22 yrs old and have a boyfriend for 3 yrs we did sexual intercourse and just about this year my menstrual cycle begins to differ. last january my period was normal but from feb to april my menstrual period stop so i tried a pregnancy test but it is negative then in MAY i got my period for a month. up to now this was my menstrual cycle..when i got my anual physical exam the doctor told me it is because of my obesity. what should i do about this?

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi ecarg,

If you are having irregular cycles and you have been to your doctor who said it was caused by Obesity, then the absolute best thing you can do for your health is to lose weight. Being overweight or underweight can both cause irregular cycles and fertility issues along with many other health issues.

By losing weight, your body will go back to a normal cycle, and your risk for health issues such as cardiac diseases, high blood pressure, and diabetes will be greatly decreased.

Best of luck,


October 31, 2011 - 7:59am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!